Facade Improvement Grant
The Façade Improvement Program is geared towards improving the visual appearance of the exterior storefronts in the primary business corridors of the cities in our county. This emphasizes Bowman County Development Corporation’s mission of developing and sustaining a great place to live, work and grow.
The program was launched in 2000, and in its first year and a half, a total of 9 projects were approved, expending 100% of the funding, with a total of $108,000 awarded, and estimated total project costs of $302,000. The program was a direct impact to the business community, and immediate improvement was seen in the Bowman community.
2022 Program Guidelines:
- Program is administered by Bowman County Development Corporation. Funding is provided in part by the City of Bowman, Bowman County, and Bowman County Development Corporation Growth Fund.
- Business eligibility is dependent upon their home community matching the program dollars.
- Interested commercial property owners may apply for a forgivable loan, not to exceed $10,000 for up to 50% of their investment in rehabilitating and/or updating the visible storefront building façade.
- Bowman: Building must be located in the Downtown District or on Highway 12 and Highway 85 corridors of Bowman. (see map in application for eligibility areas)
For additional program guidelines please reference the below application.
Terms and Conditions:
- Applications will be taken on a first-come, first-serve basis and are subject to the availability of program funds.
- Applicants will be required to sign a Business Incentive Agreement guaranteeing the project will be completed according to the details included on the application and approved by BCDC Board of Directors.
- Funds will be paid in a lump sum at the end of the project as a reimbursement of costs incurred.
- The interest-free loan will be pro-rated and forgiven over the course of 3 years contingent upon project completion.
- BCDC reserves the right to cancel the Face Business Incentive Agreement in the event of failure to comply with this agreement.
City of Bowman Business Application
For questions, please contact Kate Buer at 701.523.5880 or firstname.lastname@example.org.