Soon the City of Bowman will be implementing the ability to email your utility bill. Please watch for updates.
Reminder of the Changes Made in 2020
to the City Fireworks Ordinance
IF BOWMAN COUNTY PUTS A BURN BAN INTO EFFECT PRIOR TO THE IGINITION DATES IN THIS ORDINANCE, THERE WILL BE NO IGNITION OF FIREWORKS ALLOWED IN THE CITY LIMITS DURING THE BURN BAN.
ARTICLE 4 Firearms, Fireworks, and Explosives
4.0405 Fireworks – Discharging of, Sale of The provisions of Chapter 23-15, of the North Dakota Century Code shall apply to the sale and/or use of fireworks, as defined as said Chapter 23-15, within the City of Bowman, North Dakota, subject however to the following additions, deletions, or exceptions:
- In the fire zone of the municipality of Bowman, the discharge of any rockets, firecrackers, torpedoes, roman candles, aerial devices, explosive devices or of any such “Fourth of July” explosives whatsoever, is prohibited. Dealers in the municipality of Bowman who sell said articles or items shall post notice in a conspicuous place in their place of business so that such notice is easily visible to the public giving notice of all prohibitions regarding the discharging of fireworks within the City of Bowman and that no fireworks shall be used or discharged within the fire zone of the municipality of Bowman under penalty of law.
- The firing, or discharging of toy pistols, Chinese firecrackers, sparklers, and dipped sticks will not be prohibited in the City of Bowman, except in the fire zone areas of the municipality of Bowman.
- The use, firing or discharging of any bottle rockets, torpedoes, or anything of its kind is expressly prohibited at any time whatsoever within the City limits of the City of Bowman.
- Fireworks or other such related devices may not be sold within the City limits of the City of Bowman before June 29 or after July 4th. (Revised 9/1/20)
- Fireworks or other such related devices shall only be discharged within the City of Bowman between the hours of:
June 29th to July 2nd 12:00 pm to 10:00 pm (revised 9/1/20)
July 3rd to July 4th 12:00 pm to 12:00 am
- No person shall ignite/discharge fireworks within or throw from a motor vehicle or at any person, group of people, animal or group of animals. Ignition or discharge of fireworks shall take place so as to not endanger persons, animals, buildings, structures, property, brush, automotive vehicles and/or equipment, etc.
- No person shall ignite or discharge any fireworks within one hundred (100) feet of a fireworks booth, gasoline service stations, gasoline dispensers, flammable or combustible liquid tank fill or vent lines, above –ground flammable or combustible liquid tanks, or any building structure or vehicle containing unsealed flammable or combustible liquids, hazardous materials or explosives.
- Littering: Any person failing to remove fireworks residue from their street or sidewalk caused by their ignition or discharge within one (1) hour after completion of ignition or discharge shall be guilty of littering and each day in which the litter is not abated will be deemed a separate offense.
- The City of Bowman City Commission shall have the authority to prohibit the discharging of fireworks within City limits due to dry conditions that cause a fire concern. If the City Commission prohibits the discharging of fireworks under this Section, public notice shall be given by posting the notice at places within the City where fireworks are sold and by publication in the City of Bowman’s official newspaper.