- Meeting Calendar
- City of Rhame
- City of Scranton
- Business Opportunities
- Developer Information
- Financial Incentives
- Business Resources & Services
- Community Profile
- Resource Links & Documents
- Board of Directors
Bowman County Courthouse
104 1st St NW, Suite 1
Bowman, ND 58623
Bowman County Airport Authority
Bowman County is building a new, larger airport to support the state’s economic boom. A groundbreaking ceremony took place Oct. 16, 2012 and the dirt moving and grading phase of the project is underway. The new facility that will have a 5,700-foot runway. The extra runway length will enable a wider variety of aircraft types to utilize the facility.
The updated Bowman Airport will help provide infrastructure needs of airports in western North Dakota and will aid as an economic engine for the entire region.
Airport Authority Minutes
September 29, 2014
Members present: Eugene Miller, John Soreide, Bob Morland, and Rod Schaaf
Members absent: Andy Mrnak
Others present: Gary Brennan, Brosz Engineering, Brent Kline, Airport Mgr., and Dan Swanson
- Minutes of the previous meeting (August 25, 2014) were reviewed. John moved to approve the minutes. Eugene seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Bills were presented for approval.
- Financial Reports were reviewed
- Gary Brennan, Brosz Engineering:
- GIS access – still a work in process. Bob will figure out how to get access for Gary.
- Electrical contractor for T-Hangars. After discussion John moved to accept Tiger Electric’s bid of $72,660 for LED jar lights. Eugene seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Pay request from Northern Improvement #4
- Rod will mow or disc weeded areas of new airport.
- Muth Electric requested a time extension for 30 days due to circumstances beyond their control. Bob moved to grant an extension to November 1, 2014. John seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Concrete bullnose by T-Hangar. The consensus was to re-evaluate in the spring.
- Overage on engineering fees for surfacing contract. Will decide after project is completed.
- There was discussion regarding clarification of non-aviation use of hangars. The lease agreements prepared by Rod Schaaf were reviewed regarding language that addressed uses.
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned.
Airport Authority Meeting
November 30, -0001
Bowman County Airport Authority meets every fourth Monday at the Bowman County Courthouse County Commission Room beginning at 7:00 PM. See the Meeting Calendar for upcoming meeting dates.
Airport Authority Membership