- Meeting Calendar
- City of Rhame
- City of Scranton
- Business Opportunities
- Developer Information
- Industrial Parks
- Financial Incentives
- Business Resources & Services
- Community Profile
- Resource Links & Documents
- Board of Directors
- Empowering Leaders
- Small Business Week
Bowman County Courthouse
104 1st St NW, Suite 1
Bowman, ND 58623
Bowman County Airport Authority
Bowman County is building a new, larger airport to support the state’s economic boom. A groundbreaking ceremony took place Oct. 16, 2012 and the dirt moving and grading phase of the project is underway. The new facility that will have a 5,700-foot runway. The extra runway length will enable a wider variety of aircraft types to utilize the facility.
The updated Bowman Airport will help provide infrastructure needs of airports in western North Dakota and will aid as an economic engine for the entire region.
Airport Authority Minutes
May 23, 2016
Members present: John Soreide, Bob Morland & Rod Schaaf
Members absent: Eugene Miller & Andy Mrnak
Others present: Brent Kline, Airport Manager & Jud Seaman
- Minutes of the previous meeting (April 25, 2016) were reviewed. John moved to approve the minutes. Bob seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Bills were presented for approval.
- Financial Reports were reviewed
- Rod reported on the meeting with FAA. There are several issues that are unresolved before the relocation plan can be approved. Several areas identified as wetlands or wildlife attractants in the EA will have to be addressed. The EA stated that those areas would be mitigated. Prior verbal approval was obtained from the ADO, but nothing in writing. Since they were undisturbed areas the fence was considered to have mitigated them as wildlife attractants. The new staff at the Bismarck ADO do not agree with that assessment. Gary will work with them to clarify the acreage involved and develop a plan to mitigate. The meeting with the ADO staff resulted in an agreement that if the areas are identified and a plan is in place to mitigate them, they would approve the relocation plan based on our commitment to complete the project. Our options are to solicit quotes from contractors, have a signed contract in place with the contractor and with an agency to replace the affected acres. We could apply for a future grant to reimburse the costs. Or we could apply for a grant now, showing our commitment to the project.
- AWOS – We are still waiting on the connection to the national system for the AWOS. Brent has been in contact with All Weather and with the North Dakota Aeronautics Commission regarding the proper connection. Brent will follow up with them to expedite the connection.
- Mower – The mower has been having more mechanical problems. Bob Moved to purchase a JD 970 Z-Track mower for $8,600. John seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- The Bowman County Development Corporation requested that the Airport Authority allow them to proceed with the annexation of the old airport site to the city of Bowman. Bob moved to approve the request and allow Rod to sign the authorization. John seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Rod reported that the Civil Air Patrol and Bowman County will be conducting an exercise at the airport on June 4, 2016.
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned.
Rodney Schaaf, President Bob Morland, Secretary
Airport Authority Meeting
November 30, -0001
Bowman County Airport Authority meets every fourth Monday at the Bowman County Regional Airport beginning at 7:00 PM. See the Meeting Calendar for upcoming meeting dates.
Airport Authority Membership