- Meeting Calendar
- City of Rhame
- City of Scranton
- Business Opportunities
- Developer Information
- Financial Incentives
- Business Resources & Services
- Community Profile
- Resource Links & Documents
- Board of Directors
Bowman County Courthouse
104 1st St NW, Suite 1
Bowman, ND 58623
Bowman County Airport Authority
Bowman County is building a new, larger airport to support the state’s economic boom. A groundbreaking ceremony took place Oct. 16, 2012 and the dirt moving and grading phase of the project is underway. The new facility that will have a 5,700-foot runway. The extra runway length will enable a wider variety of aircraft types to utilize the facility.
The updated Bowman Airport will help provide infrastructure needs of airports in western North Dakota and will aid as an economic engine for the entire region.
Airport Authority Minutes
April 27, 2015
Members present: Eugene Miller, Bob Morland & Rod Schaaf, Andy Mrnak
Members absent: John Soreide
Others present: Gary Brennan, Brosz Engineering, Brent Kline, Airport Mgr.
- Minutes of the previous meeting (March 23, 2015) were reviewed. Andy moved to approve the minutes. Eugene seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Bills were presented for approval.
- Financial Reports were reviewed
- Gary Brennan:
- AWOS Update – Gary is still trying to make the necessary contacts to get the AWOS commissioned. .
- Fence line location adjacent to the proposed FBO building. It was decided to jog the fence line to the edge of taxiway.
- Asphalt milling of old runway – Bid letting. Bob moved to schedule bid letting for the removal of old runway and a portion of the taxiway. Andy seconded the motion. Motion carried. The bid letting will be 5-26-15.
- RFI from Scull Corporation to use remaining allowance for heating costs. There is $2,476 remaining. After discussion Andy moved to deny the request. Eugene seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Projects update:
- Scull is mostly completed with the T-Hangars.
- Terminal/SRE building is progressing.
- Muth Electric has completed its punch list.
- O’Day is nearing completion of the fueling system.
- Dakota Fence expects to finish in next 4-6 weeks depending upon weather.
- Relocation Plan – The appraiser has completed onsite visit and expects to complete the appraisal soon.
- Bob presented an updated analysis of the total costs and the local costs. He also presented a cash flow projection for 2015. Bob & Rod will meet with the County Commission on 5-19-15 to discuss.
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned.
Rodney Schaaf, President Bob Morland, Secretary
Airport Authority Meeting
November 30, -0001
Bowman County Airport Authority meets every fourth Monday at the Bowman County Courthouse County Commission Room beginning at 7:00 PM. See the Meeting Calendar for upcoming meeting dates.
Airport Authority Membership