- Meeting Calendar
- City of Rhame
- City of Scranton
- Business Opportunities
- Developer Information
- Industrial Parks
- Financial Incentives
- Business Resources & Services
- Community Profile
- Resource Links & Documents
- Board of Directors
- Empowering Leaders
- Small Business Week
Bowman County Courthouse
104 1st St NW, Suite 1
Bowman, ND 58623
Bowman County Airport Authority
Bowman County is building a new, larger airport to support the state’s economic boom. A groundbreaking ceremony took place Oct. 16, 2012 and the dirt moving and grading phase of the project is underway. The new facility that will have a 5,700-foot runway. The extra runway length will enable a wider variety of aircraft types to utilize the facility.
The updated Bowman Airport will help provide infrastructure needs of airports in western North Dakota and will aid as an economic engine for the entire region.
Airport Authority Minutes
July 25, 2016
Members present: Rod Schaaf, Eugene Miller, John Soreide
Members absent: Bob Morland & Andy Mrnak
Others present: Gary Brennan, Brosz Engineering & Jud Seaman
- Minutes of previous meeting (July 14, 2016). Eugene moved to approve the minutes of the special meeting July 14th. John seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Bills were presented for payment.
- Financial reports were presented for review.
- Private hangar rental fees – The private hangars were granted a one year rent free period. The one year is up. Bills for the annual rental will be sent.
- There was discussion on the relocation plan. Diamond H will reshape the channel to mitigate the small wetlands area in the new airport property.
- There was discussion of the Fly-In scheduled for Saturday July 30th. Preparations are in place for the Fly-In.
- The 10-year Capital Improvement Plan(CIP) was discussed. The plan will be presented at the 8-16-16 meeting with the FAA and State Aeronautics Commission staff.
- There was discussion regarding the PAPI’s. Muth Electric is scheduled to repair the PAPI’s on runway 31. They have been inoperable intermittently for the last year.
- There was discussion regarding the AWOS. The reporting is still not complete.
- There was discussion regarding the proposed future hangar. After discussion regarding location, it was decided to contact Mark with the FAA to clarify what is commercial.
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned.
Rodney Schaaf, President Bob Morland, Secretary
Airport Authority Meeting
November 30, -0001
Bowman County Airport Authority meets every fourth Monday at the Bowman County Regional Airport beginning at 7:00 PM. See the Meeting Calendar for upcoming meeting dates.
Airport Authority Membership