- Meeting Calendar
- City of Rhame
- City of Scranton
- Business Opportunities
- Developer Information
- Industrial Parks
- Financial Incentives
- Business Resources & Services
- Community Profile
- Resource Links & Documents
- Board of Directors
- Empowering Leaders
- Small Business Week
Bowman County Courthouse
104 1st St NW, Suite 1
Bowman, ND 58623
Bowman County Airport Authority
Bowman County is building a new, larger airport to support the state’s economic boom. A groundbreaking ceremony took place Oct. 16, 2012 and the dirt moving and grading phase of the project is underway. The new facility that will have a 5,700-foot runway. The extra runway length will enable a wider variety of aircraft types to utilize the facility.
The updated Bowman Airport will help provide infrastructure needs of airports in western North Dakota and will aid as an economic engine for the entire region.
Airport Authority Minutes
August 22, 2016
Bowman County Airport Authority Minutes
Members present: Rod Schaaf, Eugene Miller, John Soreide & Bob Morland
Members absent: Andy Mrnak
Others present: Gary Brennan, Brosz Engineering, Terry Schaaf, Brent Kline, Airport Manager & Jud Seaman
- Minutes of previous meeting (July 25, 2016). John moved to approve the minutes as presented. Eugene seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Bills were presented for payment.
- Financial reports were presented for review. Eugene moved to approve the financial reports, John seconded the motion. Motion carried
- Budget – The 2017 budget was presented to the county on 8-16-16 by Bob. Also presented was a summary of the new airport project costs and federal, state and local funding.
- CIP meeting 8-22-16 with FAA and North Dakota Aeronautics Commission staff at Bismarck. Rod, Bob and Gary Brennan attended the meeting to discuss proposed capital improvement projects (CIP) for 2017-2026. The parallel taxi way is currently the highest priority for the board. We can carry over 3 years plus the current year’s entitlement funding.
- There was discussion regarding haying or mowing of the airport property. Since it wasn’t’ hayed earlier noxious weeds have become a problem. The board will solicit haying bids next spring. John will arrange to have the property sprayed to control the weeds this year.
- Possible hangar – The site of a possible hangar was discussed. It was decided that the location of the hangar should be in the private hangar row immediately north of Swanson’s hangar. That site would not interfere with the utility corridor east of the private hangars.
- There was discussion regarding the PAPI’s. Muth Electric is scheduled to repair the PAPI’s on runway 31. They have been inoperable intermittently for the last year.
- There was discussion regarding the AWOS. The reporting is still not complete.
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned.
Airport Authority Meeting
November 30, -0001
Bowman County Airport Authority meets every fourth Monday at the Bowman County Regional Airport beginning at 7:00 PM. See the Meeting Calendar for upcoming meeting dates.
Airport Authority Membership