- Meeting Calendar
- City of Rhame
- City of Scranton
- Business Opportunities
- Developer Information
- Financial Incentives
- Business Resources & Services
- Community Profile
- Resource Links & Documents
- Board of Directors
Bowman County Courthouse
104 1st St NW, Suite 1
Bowman, ND 58623
Bowman County Airport Authority
Bowman County is building a new, larger airport to support the state’s economic boom. A groundbreaking ceremony took place Oct. 16, 2012 and the dirt moving and grading phase of the project is underway. The new facility that will have a 5,700-foot runway. The extra runway length will enable a wider variety of aircraft types to utilize the facility.
The updated Bowman Airport will help provide infrastructure needs of airports in western North Dakota and will aid as an economic engine for the entire region.
Airport Authority Minutes
June 23, 2014
Bowman County Airport Authority Minutes
June 23, 2014
Members present: Eugene Miller, John Soreide, Rod Schaaf, Bob Morland
Members absent: Andy Mrnak
Others present: Gary Brennan, Brosz Engineering and Brent Kline, airport mgr.
- Minutes of the previous meeting (June 2, 2014) were reviewed.
- Financial Statements were reviewed.
- Bills were presented for approval.
- Gary Brennan of Brosz Engineering presented the following items:
- T-Hangar bid opening is scheduled for July 25th at 11:00am
- Fuel farm bid opening is scheduled for July 28th at 3:30pm.
- Discussion was held regarding the color of T-Hangar. It was decided that they would be white with green trim (roof & door trim). Bob moved to have these colors standardized for the airport. John seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Gary indicated that Mark Holzer (FAA) said that the additional discretionary funds of $220,000 were approved. With that information John moved to approve the grant application for the terminal/SRE building. Eugene seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Terminal/SRE and perimeter fence – discussion was held regarding the terminal/SRE building and fence contracts. Bob moved to award contracts to Ainsworth Benning for the Terminal/SRE building and to Dakota Fence for the fencing project. Eugene seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Waterline installation quotes. Gary indicated that he had received quotes from two sources. There were minor differences in the quotes. Gary will clarify the bids and the board agreed to award the job to the lowest quote.
- Revised relocation plan – Gary presented the revised relocation plan to the board. The county hangar will not be moved to the new site. Eugene moved to approve the new plan. John seconded the motion. Motion carried.
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned.
Airport Authority Meeting
November 30, -0001
Bowman County Airport Authority meets every fourth Monday at the Bowman County Courthouse County Commission Room beginning at 7:00 PM. See the Meeting Calendar for upcoming meeting dates.
Airport Authority Membership