- Meeting Calendar
- City of Rhame
- City of Scranton
- Business Opportunities
- Developer Information
- Financial Incentives
- Business Resources & Services
- Community Profile
- Resource Links & Documents
- Board of Directors
Bowman County Courthouse
104 1st St NW, Suite 1
Bowman, ND 58623
Bowman County Airport Authority
Bowman County is building a new, larger airport to support the state’s economic boom. A groundbreaking ceremony took place Oct. 16, 2012 and the dirt moving and grading phase of the project is underway. The new facility that will have a 5,700-foot runway. The extra runway length will enable a wider variety of aircraft types to utilize the facility.
The updated Bowman Airport will help provide infrastructure needs of airports in western North Dakota and will aid as an economic engine for the entire region.
Airport Authority Minutes
October 28, 2015
Members present: Eugene Miller, Bob Morland & Rod Schaaf
Members absent: John Soreide & Andy Mrnak
Others present: Gary Brennan, Brosz Engineering, Jud Seaman
- Minutes of the previous meeting (September 28, 2015) were reviewed. Bob moved to approve the minutes. Eugene seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Bills were presented for approval.
- Financial Reports were reviewed
- Rod Schaaf reported on the FAA Fall Airport Seminar he attended on 10-26-15. New requirements and forms were discussed.
- PAPI’s are currently not operational. One of the transformers failed and lights on the other set are out. The contractor will do the repair as part of the warranty.
- Deer on airport property. Rod has been working with Game & Fish to get them removed.
- Gary Brennan:
- Change order for terminal building for exterior lighting.
- Change order for terminal building for door closures.
- Change order for insulation in SRE side of terminal. Eugene moved to approve all 3 change orders. Bob seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- The stock dam in the southwest corner of the property is in the process of removal. It should be completed by the 1st week in November.
- Old airport - Discussion was held regarding the old airport property and the private hangars. The county is still awaiting the completion of the feasibility study of an industrial park. We expect the report to be submitted by November 13, 2015.
- Fuel tanks at old airport – The board received quotes for removal of the fuel tanks at the old airport.
- A quote from Beylund Construction for $27,700, plus $50/yd. to remove contaminated material.
- A quote from Melvin Miller Construction for $150,000, plus $170/yd. to remove contaminated material.
- Eugene moved to approve the quote from Beylund Construction. Bob seconded the motion. Motion carried.
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned.
Rodney Schaaf, President Bob Morland, Secretary
Airport Authority Meeting
November 30, -0001
Bowman County Airport Authority meets every fourth Monday at the Bowman County Regional Airport beginning at 7:00 PM. See the Meeting Calendar for upcoming meeting dates.
Airport Authority Membership