- Meeting Calendar
- City of Rhame
- City of Scranton
- Business Opportunities
- Developer Information
- Financial Incentives
- Business Resources & Services
- Community Profile
- Resource Links & Documents
- Board of Directors
Bowman County Courthouse
104 1st St NW, Suite 1
Bowman, ND 58623
Bowman County Airport Authority
Bowman County is building a new, larger airport to support the state’s economic boom. A groundbreaking ceremony took place Oct. 16, 2012 and the dirt moving and grading phase of the project is underway. The new facility that will have a 5,700-foot runway. The extra runway length will enable a wider variety of aircraft types to utilize the facility.
The updated Bowman Airport will help provide infrastructure needs of airports in western North Dakota and will aid as an economic engine for the entire region.
Airport Authority Minutes
December 22, 2014
Members present: John Soreide, Eugene Miller, Rod Schaaf & Andy Mrnak
Members absent: Bob Morland
Others present: Brent Kline, Airport Manager
- Minutes of the previous meeting (November 24, 2014) were reviewed. John moved to approve the minutes. Eugene seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Bills were presented for approval.
- Financial Reports were reviewed
- Rod presented a summary of the status of the grants outstanding.
- Reviewed reports regarding the relocation plan, flight procedures progress and general project update.
- Rod presented a color scheme for the terminal building & floor tiles & mop boards. Questions for Brosz/Ainsworth:
- Color to paint walls
- Color for VCT tiling
- Finishing options for trim and door/window trim
- Color for petitions in bathroom
- Existing hangar relocation/purchase plan. Reviewed the opinion of value from Western Edge Realty. Bob will write a letter to the private hangar owners with a copy of the valuation. We will invite the private hangar owners to the next meeting on January 26, 2015 to answer questions or concerns about the plan.
- Covenants – Additions and changes to the new airport covenants were discussed. John moved to approve the updated covenants. Andy seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Generator – Electricity – Atmospheric Resource Board. Discussion was held regarding the proposed generator for the airport and the needs of the Atmospheric Resource Board for the radar.
- Discussion will be held at the January meeting with Gary Brennan from Brosz Engineering regarding the electrical service, generator for the airport, generator options for Atmospheric Resource and interior options for the terminal building.
- Signage on Highway 12 for the new airport – There was discussion to look into using the same concept as the new welcome to Bowman signs. John will get a quote from Unique Signs and Andy will contact Tax & Tourism to see if they would participate.
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned.
Rodney Schaaf, President Bob Morland, Secretary
Airport Authority Meeting
November 30, -0001
Bowman County Airport Authority meets every fourth Monday at the Bowman County Courthouse County Commission Room beginning at 7:00 PM. See the Meeting Calendar for upcoming meeting dates.
Airport Authority Membership