- Meeting Calendar
- City of Rhame
- City of Scranton
- Business Opportunities
- Developer Information
- Financial Incentives
- Business Resources & Services
- Community Profile
- Resource Links & Documents
- Board of Directors
Bowman County Courthouse
104 1st St NW, Suite 1
Bowman, ND 58623
Bowman County Airport Authority
Bowman County is building a new, larger airport to support the state’s economic boom. A groundbreaking ceremony took place Oct. 16, 2012 and the dirt moving and grading phase of the project is underway. The new facility that will have a 5,700-foot runway. The extra runway length will enable a wider variety of aircraft types to utilize the facility.
The updated Bowman Airport will help provide infrastructure needs of airports in western North Dakota and will aid as an economic engine for the entire region.
Airport Authority Minutes
June 22, 2015
Members present: Eugene Miller, Bob Morland & Rod Schaaf, Andy Mrnak, John Soreide
Members absent: None
Others present: Gary Brennan, Brosz Engineering, Brent Kline, Airport Mgr.
- Minutes of the previous meeting (May 18, 2015) were reviewed. Andy moved to approve the minutes. John seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Bills were presented for approval.
- Financial Reports were not available
- Meetings with County Commission:
- Rod & Bob met with County Commissioners regarding cash flow concerns and provided an update on the local costs of the new airport. The will loan the Airport Authority $500,000 for cash flow purposes until the FAA grants are closed out and grant amounts received in full.
- Rod & Bob also met with the County Commissioners, EDC, & City to discuss the old airport property. No decisions were made pending the completion of the study.
- Gary Brennan:
- Asphalt milling of old airport – John moved to accept Northern Improvements bid without items 2 & 4 (runway obliteration and seeding portion). Bob seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Stock dam removal quotes – John moved to accept the low bid from Edward Schwartz Construction of $24,626. Andy seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- AWOS update – VHF frequency was issued. Still waiting on the FCC license. .
- Propane tank for Dan Swanson building – Discussion was held regarding the location of the tank. It was decided that it would be at the north end of buildings. The Airport Authority will split the cost of the line for future development.
- Terminal/SRE – Discussion was held regarding changing the grass around building to rock. Bob moved to approve the change order. Eugene seconded the motion. Motion carried.
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned.
Rodney Schaaf, President Bob Morland, Secretary
Airport Authority Meeting
November 30, -0001
Bowman County Airport Authority meets every fourth Monday at the Bowman County Regional Airport beginning at 7:00 PM. See the Meeting Calendar for upcoming meeting dates.
Airport Authority Membership