- Meeting Calendar
- City of Rhame
- City of Scranton
- Business Opportunities
- Developer Information
- Financial Incentives
- Business Resources & Services
- Community Profile
- Resource Links & Documents
- Board of Directors
Bowman County Courthouse
104 1st St NW, Suite 1
Bowman, ND 58623
Bowman County Airport Authority
Bowman County is building a new, larger airport to support the state’s economic boom. A groundbreaking ceremony took place Oct. 16, 2012 and the dirt moving and grading phase of the project is underway. The new facility that will have a 5,700-foot runway. The extra runway length will enable a wider variety of aircraft types to utilize the facility.
The updated Bowman Airport will help provide infrastructure needs of airports in western North Dakota and will aid as an economic engine for the entire region.
Airport Authority Minutes
July 28, 2014
Members present: Eugene Miller, John Soreide, Andy Mrnak, Bob Morland
Members absent: Rod Schaaf
Others present: Gary Brennan, Brosz Engineering
- Minutes of the previous meeting (June 23, 2014) were reviewed. John moved to approve the minutes. Andy seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Bills were presented for approval.
- Gary Brennan of Brosz Engineering presented the following items:
- Gary reported that Northern Improvement is again working with full crew. Runway should be completed by the end of the week.
- Tee Hangar bids – Low bidder is Scull Construction. Andy moved to accept Scull’s separate prime bid of $722,000 plus alternate #5 for a total of $728,000. The board reserves the right to award bas bid single prime for $829,000 plus alternate #5. Bob seconded the motion. Andy aye, Bob aye, Eugene aye, John no. Motion carried. .
- Fuel Farm – Bids were received July 28th. Bob moved to table the bids. John seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Fencing & erosion control – Andy moved to approve the fencing and erosion control contract with Dakota Fence, Inc. Bob seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Engineering agreement - John moved to approve the engineering agreement with Brosz Engineering, Inc. for the terminal/SRE & fencing projects. Andy seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Grant application – Andy moved to approve the grant application for the terminal/SRE building, fence, stock dam removal, additional concrete on apron & engineering agreements for all of the above. Bob seconded the motion. Motion carried.
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned.
Airport Authority Meeting
November 30, -0001
Bowman County Airport Authority meets every fourth Monday at the Bowman County Courthouse County Commission Room beginning at 7:00 PM. See the Meeting Calendar for upcoming meeting dates.
Airport Authority Membership