- Meeting Calendar
- City of Rhame
- City of Scranton
- Business Opportunities
- Developer Information
- Industrial Parks
- Financial Incentives
- Business Resources & Services
- Community Profile
- Resource Links & Documents
- Board of Directors
- Empowering Leaders
Bowman County Courthouse
104 1st St NW, Suite 1
Bowman, ND 58623
Bowman County Airport Authority
Bowman County is building a new, larger airport to support the state’s economic boom. A groundbreaking ceremony took place Oct. 16, 2012 and the dirt moving and grading phase of the project is underway. The new facility that will have a 5,700-foot runway. The extra runway length will enable a wider variety of aircraft types to utilize the facility.
The updated Bowman Airport will help provide infrastructure needs of airports in western North Dakota and will aid as an economic engine for the entire region.
Airport Authority Minutes
November 28, 2016
Members present: Rod Schaaf, John Soreide & Bob Morland
Members absent: Andy Mrnak & Eugene Miller
Others present: Brent Kline, Airport Manager
- Minutes of previous meeting (October 24, 2016). John moved to approve the minutes as presented. Bob seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Bills were presented for payment.
- Financial reports were presented for review. Bob moved to approve the financial reports, John seconded the motion. Motion carried
- Board member terms – The terms of board members have been confusing with members filling terms of old members. The county auditor is proposing that the county pass a resolution to correct the terms of the members, pending legal review. The terms would be as follows:
- Andy Mrnak expiring 12/31/16
- Bob Morland expiring 12/31/17
- Rod Schaaf expiring 12/31/18
- Eugene Miller expiring 12/31/18
- John Soreide expiring 12/31/20
- Relocation Plan update – The plan has been approved the regional office and is now pending legal review.
- NDAC Upper Midwest Aviation Symposium – John moved to send $200 to NDAC to sponsor the symposium. Bob seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Bismarck ADO Airports Seminar – Rod reported on the seminar that he attended on November 2nd and 3rd. He updated the board on the new rules for hangar uses (aviation related versus non-aviation uses). The also reported on the new notam manager system for reporting notams.
- Ellsworth AFB Powder River meeting – Rod reported on the Powder River MOA meeting at Ellsworth AFB. There was clarification of the MOA procedures and times of operation. The communications system won’t be completed until sometime in 2017.
- The next meeting will be on December 19, 2016 instead of the regular meeting date of December 26, 2016.
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned.
Rodney Schaaf, President Bob Morland, Secretary
Airport Authority Meeting
November 30, -0001
Bowman County Airport Authority meets every fourth Monday at the Bowman County Regional Airport beginning at 7:00 PM. See the Meeting Calendar for upcoming meeting dates.
Airport Authority Membership