- Meeting Calendar
- City of Rhame
- City of Scranton
- Business Opportunities
- Developer Information
- Industrial Parks
- Financial Incentives
- Business Resources & Services
- Community Profile
- Resource Links & Documents
- Board of Directors
- Empowering Leaders
- Small Business Week
Bowman County Courthouse
104 1st St NW, Suite 1
Bowman, ND 58623
Bowman County Airport Authority
Bowman County is building a new, larger airport to support the state’s economic boom. A groundbreaking ceremony took place Oct. 16, 2012 and the dirt moving and grading phase of the project is underway. The new facility that will have a 5,700-foot runway. The extra runway length will enable a wider variety of aircraft types to utilize the facility.
The updated Bowman Airport will help provide infrastructure needs of airports in western North Dakota and will aid as an economic engine for the entire region.
Airport Authority Minutes
February 22, 2016
Bowman County Airport Authority Minutes
February 22, 2016
Members present: Andy Mrnak, John Soreide, Bob Morland, & Rod Schaaf
Members absent: Eugene Miller
Others present: Jud Seaman
- Minutes of the previous meeting (January 25, 2016) were reviewed. Andy moved to approve the minutes. John seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Bills were presented for approval.
- Financial Reports were reviewed
- Oil impact grants – Rod reported that the Energy Impact Office contacted him regarding unused grant funds. The fuel facility grant is closed and the remaining balance will be released. The 2014 project is being finalized and a final grant request was submitted.
- 2016 grant application – The 2016 grant application deadline is April 15, 2016. After discussion, it was decided to not apply for a 2016 grant. Entitlement funds will be carried over to be used in future projects per priority list.
- Seeding of old airport – Gary Brennan solicited quotes for the seeding of the old airport property. He received quotes from Diamond H Service ($275/acre, $5,500 total) and from Fox Hills Fencing ($360/acre, $7,200 total). John moved to accept the quote from Diamond H Service. Bob seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Rod reported on status of old airport hangars, lighting issues with the REIL’s and PAPI’s. He also reported on the AWOS connection with the NADIN system. He also reported on the upcoming Midwest Aviation Symposium. Bowman’s airport was nominated for airport of the year.
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned.
Rodney Schaaf, President Bob Morland, Secretary
Airport Authority Meeting
November 30, -0001
Bowman County Airport Authority meets every fourth Monday at the Bowman County Regional Airport beginning at 7:00 PM. See the Meeting Calendar for upcoming meeting dates.
Airport Authority Membership