- Meeting Calendar
- City of Rhame
- City of Scranton
- Business Opportunities
- Developer Information
- Industrial Parks
- Financial Incentives
- Business Resources & Services
- Community Profile
- Resource Links & Documents
- Board of Directors
- Empowering Leaders
Bowman County Courthouse
104 1st St NW, Suite 1
Bowman, ND 58623
Bowman County Airport Authority
Bowman County is building a new, larger airport to support the state’s economic boom. A groundbreaking ceremony took place Oct. 16, 2012 and the dirt moving and grading phase of the project is underway. The new facility that will have a 5,700-foot runway. The extra runway length will enable a wider variety of aircraft types to utilize the facility.
The updated Bowman Airport will help provide infrastructure needs of airports in western North Dakota and will aid as an economic engine for the entire region.
Airport Authority Minutes
February 27, 2017
Members present: Rod Schaaf, John Soreide, & Bob Morland
Members absent: Eugene Miller & Andy Mrnak
Others present: Brent Kline, Airport Manager, Jud Seaman & Gary Brennan, Brosz Engineering
- Minutes of previous meeting (January 23, 2017). John moved to approve the minutes as presented. Bob seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Bills were presented for payment.
- Financial reports were presented for review. Bob moved to approve the financial reports, John seconded the motion. Motion carried
- Gary Brennan
- Gary reported on his meeting with the FAA regarding grant and project processes and paperwork.
- The 2013 closeout is being processed. We will likely have to repay approximately $62,000 in grant funds.
- Land Release – Don Phillips indicated that the land release was approved regionally with no comments made. Final document is expected soon.
- Design of parallel taxiway – The plan for the parallel taxiway is for design in 2017, grading in 2018 and paving in 2019 depending on FAA funding.
- Gary presented an engineering agreement for the design of the parallel taxiway. Bob moved to approve the agreement. John seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- The Powder River MOA meeting in Baker was cancelled. No information on a rescheduled date.
- Rod reported on bills regarding airports in the legislative pipeline. He will testify on March 3rd. Aviation day at the capitol is March 27th.
The next meeting will be March 20, 2017.
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned.
Rodney Schaaf, President Bob Morland, Secretary
Airport Authority Meeting
November 30, -0001
Bowman County Airport Authority meets every fourth Monday at the Bowman County Regional Airport beginning at 7:00 PM. See the Meeting Calendar for upcoming meeting dates.
Airport Authority Membership