- Meeting Calendar
- City of Rhame
- City of Scranton
- Business Opportunities
- Developer Information
- Financial Incentives
- Business Resources & Services
- Community Profile
- Resource Links & Documents
- Board of Directors
Bowman County Courthouse
104 1st St NW, Suite 1
Bowman, ND 58623
Bowman County Airport Authority
Bowman County is building a new, larger airport to support the state’s economic boom. A groundbreaking ceremony took place Oct. 16, 2012 and the dirt moving and grading phase of the project is underway. The new facility that will have a 5,700-foot runway. The extra runway length will enable a wider variety of aircraft types to utilize the facility.
The updated Bowman Airport will help provide infrastructure needs of airports in western North Dakota and will aid as an economic engine for the entire region.
Airport Authority Minutes
October 27, 2014
Members present: Eugene Miller, John Soreide, Bob Morland, and Rod Schaaf & Andy Mrnak
Members absent: None
Others present: Gary Brennan, Brosz Engineering, Brent Kline, Airport Mgr., and Darwin Wilke, Slope Electric
- Minutes of the previous meeting (September 29, 2014) were reviewed. John moved to approve the minutes. Eugene seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Bills were presented for approval.
- Financial Reports were reviewed
- Gary Brennan, Brosz Engineering:
- Utilities at private hangars – discussion was held regarding the electric meters at private hangars. There will be separate electric meters at each private hangar.
- Projects review:
- Runway lights are in and working.
- Segmented circle, access road lighting, ramp lighting, etc. will be completed this week.
- AWOS computer was installed this week. The computer will record data for 30 days before certification.
- Northern Improvement Co. is completed with its portion of the project.
- Change order for Northern Improvement – Change order number 5 was presented for approval. Bob moved to approve the change order. Andy seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Change order for Dakota Fence – Change order number 1 was presented for approval. John moved to approve the change order. Bob seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Terminal/SRE color swatches were approved.
- Airport Engineer - There were two proposals for engineering services received by the board. Brosz Engineering and Ulteig Engineering. A scoring system was employed to compare the firms. Eugene moved to select Brosz Engineering as the board’s engineers for the next 5 year period. John seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Rod reported on meeting with the County Commission regarding concerns about the runway strength and capacity.
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned.
Rodney Schaaf, President Bob Morland, Secretary
Airport Authority Meeting
November 30, -0001
Bowman County Airport Authority meets every fourth Monday at the Bowman County Courthouse County Commission Room beginning at 7:00 PM. See the Meeting Calendar for upcoming meeting dates.
Airport Authority Membership