menu
Close
RHAME   •   BOWMAN   •   SCRANTON   •   GASCOYNE
RHAME   •   BOWMAN   •   SCRANTON   •   GASCOYNE
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
scroll down

Planning & Zoning

North Dakota Tourism
CONTACT


Planning and Zoning

PHONE: (701) 523-3129

104 1st St NW, Suite 4
Bowman, ND 58623

Bowman County Planning and Zoning

The Department of Planning and Zoning is responsible for administration of the Bowman County zoning and subdivision regulations, staff support to the Bowman County Planning and Zoning Board, and long-range planning for land use and development in Bowman County.

 


OFFICE HOURS:
Monday -Thursday 7:30 am to 12:00 pm & 12:30 pm to 4:30 pm MT
Friday 7:30 am to 12:00 pm MT
(Closed on Legal Holidays)


 

County Planning & Zoning Minutes

May 30, 2019
7:00 pm

The Bowman County Planning and Zoning Commission met for the purpose of conducting a public hearing for the adoption of Resolution # 8 and Resolution # 9, on May 30, 2019 at 7:00 PM in the Commission Room of the Bowman County Courthouse.

 Members present were Jerry Jeffers, Mike Sondeland, Myron Vail, Lynn Brackel, Rod Schaaf, Jerid Janikowski, Co-Zoning Directors Dean Pearson and Jodi Freier and Bowman County State’s Attorney, Andrew Weiss. Members absent:  Ryan Shear, Robb Pierce and Doyle Kruger.  The list of guest’s present is on file in the Office of the Bowman County Auditor. 

Chairman Jeffers called the public hearing to order at 7:00 PM. 

Chairman Jeffers asked zoning board member Jerid Janikowski to review the proposed amendments.

Janikowski addressed the following amendments for consideration of the zoning board members:   

 

Amendment # 1

 

                6.17.3  Pg.7

 

                FEES:  10% of the fee will be required to be submitted with the application and will be non-refundable.  When the application is approved by the Bowman County Commission, the remaining 90% will be due within 60 days and before construction begins.  

 

Janikowski made the motion to approve, with Brackel seconding the motion.  No opposition.  Motion carried.  

 

Amendment # 2

 

                6.17.4 Pg. 8

 

                Standards For Utility-Scale SES

                Utility-scale Solar Energy Systems will be permitted for use in Commercial and Industrial zoned areas only, subject to approval of the Zoning Board.  All Utility-scale SES will be located outside of city limits and the Extra-Territorial Area (ETA), which extends, from organized cities located in Bowman County, out to one (1) mile.

 

Janikowski made the motion to approve, with Sondeland seconding the motion.  No opposition.  Motion carried. 

 

Amendment # 3

 

                6.17.7 A (adding 5) Pg. 17

                       

              5.  Detail to scale Plot map.

 

Janikowski made the motion to approve, with Vail seconding the motion.  No opposition.  Motion carried. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Amendment # 4

 

                6.17.3 D, (4) Pg. 8

 

                4.  Installations specifically for agricultural use.

 

Sondeland made the motion to approve, with Schaaf seconding the motion.  No opposition.  Motion carried. 

 

 

Amendment # 5

                                                                     

            6.17.4 (13) Pg.12

 

                13.  Airport Authority Review:  For consideration of potential impacts to low-altitude airport flights paths, within 5 miles of the reference point of the Bowman Airport, notification of intent to construct a solar farm will be sent to the Bowman County Airport Authority for their review of applicable requirements and approval before the Bowman County Zoning Board’s acceptance.

 

Janikowski made the motion to approve, with Schaaf seconding the motion.  No opposition.  Motion carried. 

 

 

 

6.17.10 Enforcement and Penalties (A) Pg. 22

 

               

  1.  Violations of this Ordinance will be a Class A Misdemeanor, punishable upon conviction by a fine not to exceed $3,000 or by imprisonment for a period not to exceed 360 days or both.

 

Janikowski made the motion to approve, with Brackel seconding the motion.  No opposition.  Motion carried.      

 

There being no further questions or comments to be made during the public hearing Chairman Jeffers adjourned the hearing at 7:40 PM.  

 

Respectfully submitted,

 

Sandra K. Tivis (s) Secretary

 

 

County Planning and Zoning Meetings

The Bowman County Planning and Zoning board will meet Quarterly the third Tuesday at 7:00pm the months of February, May, August and November in the County Commission Room of the Bowman County Courthouse. See the Meeting Calendar for upcoming meeting dates.

County Planning and Zoning Board

Jerry Jeffers President        
Doyle Kruger Member
Ryan Shear Member
Myron Vail Member
Michael Sondeland Member
Jarid Janikowski Member
Robb Pierce Member
Rod Schaff Member
Lynn Brackel Member
Jodi Freier Co-Director
Dean Pearson Co-Director